2/28/11

[その他] 無駄だよ、これ... Orz

GameFAQs is now officially under my least-favorite sites list...

Despite my best efforts trying to re-input the JIS characters using my brand-spanking new Vaio laptop with Windows 7 OS set at 85% Japanese input/display, The recent update for the K-On! Houkago Live!! guide still emerged as a messy string of unicode crud.

My initial reactions were as follows...

 WTF?!? IT'S STILL NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY!!! NOW I'LL DEFINITELY BECOME A NEET!!!

NOOO!!! THIS IS JUST TOO FREAKY!! IT BEATS EVEN BARNACLES !!!

I've had it up to here with their antiquated plain text BS. Made me waste 3 whole hours for nothing. I could have been playing Milky Holmes or Kawaii Koneko DS2 instead!! >_<

My contributions there are now in the process of being pulled out, and I'm thinking of reposting them in a place where they'll actually display as Japanese, and not random gibberish.

I'll either put them here as stand-alone pages, or create another blog for the express purpose of posting my own guides. As of now, I'm still writing the one for Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3, and others planned for later on, so Blogger's 10-page limit might not be able to hold them all...

I'll see what can be done.

EDIT: Pullout complete. Now starting on the framework for the FAQ blog.

4 comments:

  1. I think I understand your frustation... ^^; Have you checked one of the last questions on this page though? http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/entry.html?cat=28

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the first things I read back when I was still starting out. Been a regular habit ever since.

    The guides for Lucky Star Net Idol Meister and Busou Shinki came out okay, but the K-On one just wouldn't display properly despite having done the same SOPs and furious updates encompassing several episodic (and dare I say, fruitless) 3+ hour attempts.

    I also want to update the others, but I'm afraid that they might get messed up too.

    That's just how it is. Did everything by their book, but it's just not working anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess personal site is better as we have more control ^^ but you may want to keep the GameFAQs version and add a link to it that links to your personal site, since people usually go to GameFAQs first if not Japanese wikis for game guides. Just a suggestion ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see where you're coming from, but I'm definitely not going to keep those mangled GameFAQs versions.

    If they can't be shown properly, then there's no point in keeping them up and getting the occasional complaint message over a pickle that's clearly the fault of the site and not the author.

    ReplyDelete